Warehouse Specialist, Hazmat
Requisition ID: 21851
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for performing various aspects of storage management to include Receiving,
Warehousing, and Requisition Processing for Hazardous Storage Area. Utilize established Warehouse Management
System and perform system and physical tasks in association with workload.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
1. Perform and understand the various aspects of storage management functions for Hazardous Material as
assigned: Receiving & Induction, Stow & Storage, Requisition Picking & Packing, MPC and Transportation
2. Receiving Functions (Receiving & Induction) - Primary Responsibilities: Verifying the correctness of incoming
shipments by comparing items and quantities unloaded against bills of lading, invoices, manifests, storage
receipts, or other records. Checking for damaged goods; insuring that goods are appropriately identified for
routing and departments within the facility, preparing and keeping records of goods received.
3. Warehouse (Stow, Storage, and PPPM) - Primary Responsibilities: Stow Receipts in appropriate storage areas
and locations. Ensure stock material is accurate and stored properly. Ensure material is properly packed and
preserved and ready for issue (PPPM). Ensure HAZMAT is properly storaged and segregated according to HCC
4. Requisition Processing – Primary Responsibilities: Pick and Pack Customer requisitions as generated by
warehouse operating system. Verifying picks and packs are accurate as compared to requisition documentation
(NSN, quantity, and Condition Code). Ensure HAZMAT certification is properly and accurately performed at pack
function prior to shipment.
5. Transportation Preparation – Primary Responsibilities: Prepare requisitions for transportation to include physical
conformance of packaging and proper staging in Transportation / Shipping work areas. Ensure HAZMAT
certifications are correct for type outbound conveyance.
6. Communicate to Assigned Manager with workload and warehouse system problems that impact operation and
execute guidance provided.
7. Communicate to Compliance Team (Inventory, Customer Service, and Quality Control) system discrepancies that
cannot be resolved
8. Utilize e-mails for workload tasks and teammate information.
9. Perform routine workload assessment from storage management generated reports and coordinate other
teammates on workload.
10. Communicate in a positive manner with all areas and levels of the Distribution Center.
11. Understand the metrics associated with assigned functional area / process and work expeditiously and accurately
towards meeting our team goals
12. Follows established guidelines in performing day-to-day routine tasks as outlined in local Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs) and Technical Manuals
13. Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
14. Adhere to Government and Company policies and procedures.
15. Other duties assigned in association with locally established warehouse management plan & workload
You might be a great fit if…
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.