Managing Director, Sales
Requisition ID: 21861
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Managing Director of Sales leads the sales value chain from pursuit (business development) to relationship management, and existing business expansion. The position oversees Business Development Executives with responsibility for appropriate account distribution across direct reports. Focus on industry-specific clients, including Healthcare, Retail, Consumer, Technology Solutions and E-Commerce. This includes the implementation of the overall sales strategy consistent with the commercial strategy of the company, as well as the overall growth and ongoing sales management for the organization.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Provides leadership oversight to the management team in field quality by ensuring they are focused on goals and objectives and achieving performance expectations. Provides coaching and counseling to direct reports, being proactive to identify potential issues and developing action plans to mitigate risks.
- Maximizing operational effectiveness on ensuring management teams are focused on delivering timely results for the business.
- Partner with operations and functional leaders to develop and execute sales strategies that are consistent with the organization’s commercial strategy.
- Manages relationships across the organization to ensure contractual performance requirements are achieved.
- Partner with other leaders in the sales organization to establish and implement enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Providing leadership and direction for the organization’s overall revenue, business mix and sales strategy, and sales management to ensure a culture of high performance and success.
- Assessing the existing sales approach to ensure standards, processes and solution-selling methodologies are in place to serve existing and new potential customers most effectively.
- Driving the sales team to identify opportunities for profitable growth for all services — including fulfillment, distribution, reverse logistics, test and repair, transportation management, and remarketing — while providing lead generation support for services provided by other FedEx operating companies.
- Establishing and communicating clear and accurate expectations on sales targets and consistently achieve results.
- Driving a value-based selling approach to acquiring new clients.
- Provides leadership in using Quality Driven Management techniques within the business, encouraging use of analysis to drive decision making and development of improvements. Ensures team understands expectations and how information is reported and used.
- Actively participates in leadership development activities, including succession planning, coaching, and individual development planning within span of control.
- Establish, lead, and maintain the Sales strategy, and associated compliance programs, processes, & systems.
- Collaborating on developing forecasting projections with consistent, accurate and relevant sales revenue and expense budget models that meet company objectives, in addition to preparing monthly and annual sales forecasts.
- Create a culture of collaboration across the enterprise and focus on leverage of the broader FedEx set of capabilities in solving customers’ supply chain challenges.
You might be a great fit if….
- Advanced degree in Business preferred. BA/BS degree in Marketing, Sales or other related operations discipline is strongly preferred. Alternatively, military rank at O5. Additional job-related certifications preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of proven management experience, preferably in a multi-customer logistics environment.
- Extensive experience with industry verticals including healthcare, consumer, retail, technology or e-commerce customers within the fields of logistics and supply chain management.
- Experience in driving enterprise-wide initiatives, while managing a specific sales team.
- Proven sales leadership with a demonstrated track record of performance and budget achievements and at least five years of broad-based, progressive commercial management experience, including supply chain management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and grow customer relationships.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to relate both up and down the client’s table of organization.
- Strong network of contacts in the logistics, supply chain, transportation and/or retail industries.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks in short time frames.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 21861