Truck Driver (Variable Shift)
Requisition ID: 21864
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The truck driver’s responsibilities involve delivery and pick-up, reporting, operations, customer service, safety and security of parcels and conveyance, and other duties as assigned by management. The truck driver maintains a positive attitude that promotes customer satisfaction and teamwork within the operations supported.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Shift coverage for other driver positions during absences (Vacation, Stat Holidays, etc.) requiring shift adjustments, and to work Days, Nights, Weekends, and Statutory Holidays.
- Operating 5 ton air brake and refrigeration equipped delivery trucks transporting products to and from airport terminal buildings and Logistic Centre.
- Driving required on public and private roadways including airside for specialized deliveries.
- Loading and unloading material from trucks, trailers, caged carts and dollies.
- Delivering and retrieving products to/from customers throughout the airport terminals.
- Accurate completion of required paperwork for delivery, receiving, returns process.
- Operating forklifts, pallet jacks, tugger truck, and tugger trains.
- Bending, lifting and carrying up to 28 kgs of various products.
- Pushing/pulling up to 550 lb delivery carts.
- Walking several kilometers a day delivering products to customers.
- Conscientious practice of safe work habits and processes.
- Special projects as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or GED and 3 years of documented commercial driving experience.
- Possess a valid provincial class DZ driver’s license or commercial equivalent with air break endorsement.
- Must obtain GTAA airside operator’s designation (DA) within first 3 months in position.
- Must be insurable on company vehicles, substantiated by a clean driving.
- Previous power equipment (forklift, walkie, etc.) experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a Team based environment.
- Ability to work non-traditional shifts, days and nights, including weekends, statutory holidays, and rotating shifts.
- Ability to be flexible to accommodate shift requirements with short notice required.
- Must pass as physical assessment.
- Strong safety focus and excellent safety record.
- Ability to pass all required background checks and Transportation Canada security clearances.
- Oral and written communication skills required for reporting, record keeping, and Customer interaction.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 28 kgs.