Production Control I (8:00 am - 4:00 pm)
Requisition ID: 21915
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Production Control I will coordinate and expedite the flow of information, work, and materials within or among facilities and lines of business.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Publish reports per established schedule, prepare data for production meetings, coordinate waving/picking of work based on the daily production schedule as well as troubleshoot/escalate orders to the appropriate teams.
- Compile reports on the progress of work on production plan and/or issues as they arise/
- Perform a variety of coordinating, routing, and material handling duties to meet production schedule.
- Responsible for fulfilling expedited requests for customer escalation issues.
- Review product discrepancies and determines disposition.
- Researching root cause for discrepancy and follows corresponding procedures.
- Expedites parts to remedy shortage problems.
- Prepares 90 day forecasts for parts associated with new product introductions.
- Actively communicates with outside vendors to procure material for the facility. This includes creating POs, initiating TORs and orchestrating inventory moves between facilities.
- Contact vendors and shippers to ensure that merchandise, supplies, and equipment are forwarded on the specified shipping dates.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred and 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 6 years of relevant experience.
- Must have a complete understanding of planning principles, theories and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to apply advanced planning tools and techniques.
- Ability to organize, schedule and coordinate work phases.
- Ability to determine the appropriate approach at the project level and provide innovative solutions to a range of moderately complex technical problems.
- Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees external representatives and to accurately document, report and present.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 20 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 21915