Programmer Analyst II - Java
Requisition ID: 22055
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Programmer Analyst II - Java will provide level 2 support services applicable to experience. Assists with analysis and provides programming services to modify existing programs and write new programs. Tests programs and systems to ensure they work as expected, and correct problems encountered during testing. Assists in maintaining the daily production schedule of core business systems and provides user support/consultation and technical, operational, and production support. The incumbent is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures and is proficient in a variety of programming languages and utilities. Possesses a strong understanding of the organization’s products and services.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Encode, test, debug, and document associated software/programs.
- Review, analyze, troubleshoot, and modify core and customized software.
- Respond to escalated customer inquiries/requests for technical/operational support.
- Resolve escalated technical matters to meet customer service level agreements.
- Perform root cause analysis/fixes or corrective action of defects for more complex issues.
- Follow documented Software Development Life-Cycle standards.
- Participate or lead special projects and training, as required.
- Escalate higher level or complex issues to senior levels as required.
- This position is full-time and may require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited weekends and evenings.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Oracle Databases versions Oracle 9 and higher; Programming using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
- Java Frameworks: Spring, Log4j, JaCoCo, PMD
- Build Frameworks: Maven
- SCM: Git
- Continuous Integration Platforms: Jenkins/Hudson
- Databases: Oracle
- OS: Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting
- Unit Testing Utilities: jUnit/EasyMock/Mockito
- Build Frameworks: Gradle
- Application Servers: WebSphere/Weblogic/Tomcat
- Comm Protocols: RMI, SOAP WebServices, REST, JMS
- Cloud platforms/Tools: Spring cloud, NoSQL etc., is a plus
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 22055