Requisition ID: 22138
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Sanitation Worker is responsible for providing value to our customers. This is done by maintaining a clean, sanitary warehouse and office in a manner that is consistent with the company’s standards of quality safety and productivity.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
1. Use equipment throughout the warehouse/office in a safe, efficient manner that is consistent with the company’s standards of quality and productivity.
2. Follow the sanitation logs and requirements that have been assigned to them.
3. Use and understand the cleaning materials or liquids assigned to them.
4. Manage cleaning supplies inventory and communicate any needed reorders.
5. Floors are maintained free of debris at all times.
6. Present a clean and orderly appearance.
7. Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety.
8. Report any unkempt areas of previous shifts to supervisor.
9. Remove snow as seasonally required.
10. If trained on a sweeper scrubber, the employee must inspect the equipment before and after use to make sure that it is in proper working and cosmetic condition.
11. Responsible for areas of waste that may need to be reviewed or eliminated to help maintain a continuous flow.
You might be a great fit if…
1. High School Diploma preferred.
2. Sanitation and janitorial experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to read, speak, and understand English in order to complete all assignments.
4. Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Customer service driven.
7. Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
1. Ability to follow policies and procedures.
2. Ability to read, write and interpret information.
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
4. Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
5. Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
6. Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
7. Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
8. Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.