Manager, Business Relationships
Requisition ID: 22172
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager of Business Relationships is expected to consistently manage and provide excellent service to a portfolio of clients, as well as represent the organization to ensure best in class service. This role will build a trusted, competent, and confident relationship with clients to develop a long-term partnership by ensuring successful delivery of service. In addition, the Business Relationship Manager will build a successful connection with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. This position will ensure and manage an effective service experience, and serve as a dedicated resource to ensure execution of coordinated strategies for the business client.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Handling all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on deliverables and revenue.
- Reviewing all major deliverables (i.e. strategic plan, quarterly reviews, annual reviews, improvement recommendations, etc.) to ensure quality standards, contractual commitments and expectations are met.
- Ensuring that issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing the Senior Manager of Damage Research of any problems that may arise.
- Participating in project design phase and is responsible for the successful onboarding of new business.
- Managing the completion of change orders and invoices, and responsible to ensure payment collections.
- Working closely with the Company Damage Research project team and maintaining a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Verifying that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
- Being aware of and in pursuit of opportunities for growth and new business, involving the Senior Manager of Damage Research Operations, Vice President or other support channels.
- Providing regular two-way communication between the client and team, to provide strong representation and set proper expectations.
- Understanding company capabilities and services, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager of Damage Research Operations, providing regular input on all activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Proven skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Minimum 3 years of account/project management experience.
- Possess technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc).
- Motivated, goal oriented, and persistent.
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deadline pressures well.
- Planning and carrying out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent acceptable related work experience.
- Prior experience related to Unsaleables Management / Returns Management / Reverse Logistics a plus.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 22172