Industrial Engineer IV
Requisition ID: 22247
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Industrial Engineer IV is responsible for analyzing and improving current work processes and layouts, measuring and documenting best practices, supporting lean initiatives, and providing assistance to other engineer projects.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Perform process and capacity analyses as directed by documenting product, resource and information flow in current operations using tools including value stream maps, process flow diagrams, time and motion studies, and AutoCAD drawings. Require minimal to no direction on projects of all sizes.
- Develop, justify and implement process improvements, technological upgrades, and automation and/or redesigns of existing processes/equipment/layout. Lead projects with total annual savings in excess of 3-5x salary.
- Develop tools/processes to support operations (ex: labor planning, product scheduling).
- Support operations with various analyses (what-if analysis, cost analysis, etc.) to help identify potential areas of improvement.
- Identify and pursue own projects/tactics that contribute to company goals and helps operations with P&L management.
- Scope and lead continuous improvement activities of all types of complexity utilizing lean tools and methodology.
- Support new business activities and other projects with cost estimates as well as design and implementation of new layouts for RFPs of all sizes.
- Maintain and update AutoCAD layouts.
- Support specification and selection of material handling equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Independently manages own project deliverables and schedules with minimal to no direction.
- Communicate and plan with teammates, vendors, management and customer to support above efforts. Build and maintain relationships up to VP level.
- Provide technical support as needed for various legal contracts.
- Provide guidance, direction, and peer review of projects for other engineers.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering or related field preferred and 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to support cross functional teams.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Word and Access skills is required.
- Fluency with use and development of layouts using AutoCAD is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong team player
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.