Join us for a job fair! Warehouse Worker 3rd Shift $13.00 per hour
Requisition ID: 22370
To be considered on this particular requisition, you must attend our Job Fair.
FedEx Supply Chain will be hosting a hiring event on:
Monday, December 10th and Tuesday, December 11th
8a - 6 pm
Location: 225 Transfer Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46214
1st Shift - 8a - 4p - $12.00 per hour
2nd Shift - 4p - midnight - $12.00 per hour, plus $0.50 shift pay
3rd Shift - midnight - 8a - $12.00 per hour, plus $1.00 shift pay
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for the accurate receiving, moving, storing and shipping of product to meet
company standards of safety, security and productivity. This position is responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Accurately selecting product according to the customer’s order specifications.
- Load and unload product onto or from delivery vehicles, pallets, etc.
- Pulling and preparing product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and
- Perform picking/packing duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Operation Radio Frequency (RF) terminals for various functions including picking, quality, inventory, shipping, etc.
- Determine the appropriate destination of product by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers
- and sort packages accordingly.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee accuracy of inventory.
- Participate in physical inventories and cycle counts.
- Check or count products for accuracy and or damage/ infestation.
- Become knowledgeable of the responsibilities, procedures and duties of other areas of the warehouse if necessary.
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed.
- May or may not be responsible for operating warehouse and computer equipment.
- Perform work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Minimum 6 months of experience in a warehouse environment.
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Radio Frequency (RF) experience preferred.
- Strong sense of urgency; flexibility in meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 22370