Enterprise Support Technician
Requisition ID: 22453
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Enterprise Support Technician is responsible for tearing down and replacing parts in Large Form Factor, Server Class systems, and Storage Platforms, as well as, troubleshooting and diagnosing faults and determining the most cost effective course to repair hardware and software issues.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Responsible for dispositioning inventory between recovery grades (retail, wholesale, sort and settle)
- Trouble shoots and diagnoses hardware and software issues for a wide range of systems (Large Form Factor, Server Class systems, and Storage Platforms).
- Perform operations check out, modification, repair, reassembly, diagnosis, and correction.
- Perform server configuration and initialization.
- Choose systems for repair in alignment with Factory Aging objectives (FIFO).
- Determines the most cost effective course of repair and updates disposition of systems.
- Accurately document repair actions in the appropriate database, software tool, tracking log, etc.
- Timely communication with Management, Engineers, and Quality Control to resolve complex failures.
- Prioritize Exchange and Customization Work Order Requests.
- Provide support as required for New Product launches.
- Perform preventative maintenance and 5S on server cabinets including cabling, installation hardware, and monitoring equipment.
- As required, prescreen product being routed to AWP by LFF/Enterprise Repair Technicians for accuracy of diagnosis.
- Resolve advanced failures escalated by LFF/Enterprise Repair Technicians.
- Install and remove server testing hosts, cabling, and monitoring equipment in server cabinets.
- Loads and unloads product in an efficient and safe manner.
- Moves product to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area. May pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Operates any material handling equipment safely and efficiently as required. May use radio frequency equipment or picking, receiving, and storing functions, as required. May drive factory vehicles, forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Performs labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed.
You might be a great fit if….
- Associates Degree in related field of industry strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience in enterprise business solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to collect and analyze data, identify problems, and provide solutions.
- A+ certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate and explain technical issues in depth to engineers and management.
- Working knowledge of installing, configuring, connecting, interfacing, and operating Enterprise business solutions hardware and software. (servers, storage, switching)
- Advanced diagnostic, troubleshooting, and repair skills.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 22453