About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Advisor, Supply Chain Engineer and Financial Systems is responsible for developing, designing and applying advanced financial and supply chain process improvement methods that will provide continuous improvement in companywide strategies. This position will transform Finance by leveraging techniques to improve the overall financial results across the organization. It will use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms that will be used in supply chain for process improvements. It will focus on driving process optimization and system enhancements that will leverage technology and enable data-driven analytics and high tech practices and strategic improvements. This is a highly cross-functional role which will bridge between Finance, Supply Chain and Business functions.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Confer with executive management, process mangers, finance managers, or business unit management to determine analytical and process-related needs regarding complex transactions to be analyzed for decision making.
- Serve as the bridge between Finance, Logistics Engineering, Business Operations and external parties to influence decision-making and translate requirements into return on investment.
- Identify and spearhead continuous financial improvement initiatives utilizing technology and process automation through the evaluation and implementation of process improvements and systems solutions.
- Lead change management initiatives to drive efficiency transformation within end to end financial and supply chain processes.
- Project manage multiple initiatives including requirements definition, cross-functional coordination, resource planning & budgeting, and delivery against key milestones.
- Prioritize improvement initiatives and enhancements based on cost versus benefit.
- Perform operational process reviews as well as financial statements analysis that drive supply chain optimization (scope creep, billing, productivity, inventory, etc.). Develop KPI reports, productivity analysis of the facilities using different business intelligence tools.
- Design and develop applications and tools to elevate visibility and evaluate performance of operational areas for optimized planning using business intelligence methods and develop analytical models and labor management tools to track and improve performance.
- Lead automation and design of operational and financial tools to increase the process efficiency and develop cost-effective practices.
- Provide financial assessment and logistics simulation in the development and implementation of logistics and supply chain solutions for new and existing customers.
- Develop analytical applications to identify trends and relationships between different pieces of data, draw appropriate conclusions and translate analytical findings into BI visualizations that drive value.
- Conduct regular on-site reviews and audits of individual Process Improvement Plans with local management and other stakeholders and report back on plan deviation and remediation plans to stakeholders and management.
- Engage the supply chain organization in addressing continuous improvement and change/project management gaps in order to develop strategic action plans for improvement.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Supply Chain Engineering, Logistics & Transportation or a Business Engineering related degree and 8 years of relevant experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in Accounting and Controlling knowledge is desired.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong leadership and project management skills including effective communication, facilitation, and ability to build cross-functional partnerships and drive work across diverse sets of business units.
- High level financial systems knowledge (ERP concepts, reporting and planning systems, integrations with custom applications, data warehousing & analytics concepts).
- Possess an understanding of the Retail / Consumer / e-commerce industry and related processes (inventory, revenue, purchasing cycles)
- The ideal candidate is responsible for leading and successfully implementing complex Supply Chain improvement and turnaround projects and has profound knowledge of data analysis techniques as well as good knowledge of Finance and accounting processes.
- Problem solving and analytics aptitude.
- Combination of home office, and on-site work with the ability to travel up to 70% of the time throughout the United States (additional international travel may also be required).
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 22494