About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Inventory Control Manager is responsible for managing and ensuring completion of daily, weekly and monthly inventory and receiving reports in a high volume, SKU intensive facility. The Inventory Control Manager responsibilities will also include gathering and analyzing data concerning operations, inventory control and customer requirements.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Preparing and reconciling required daily, weekly and monthly inventory and production reports.
- Coordinating and managing of monthly/quarterly physical inventories and development of follow up reporting.
- Gathering and analyzing data concerning operations, inventory control and customer requirements.
- Performing internal audits and (additional) cycle counts to validate accuracy of cycle count process.
- Supervising employees.
- Ensuring/reinforcing the Company employee culture is being fostered in the facility.
- Facilitating regular safety meetings and assuring the maintenance of a safe work environment.
- Monitoring compliance with The Company’s SOAF Program.
- Providing assistance for the Operations and/or Facility Manager on special projects as required.
- BA/BS in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience a plus.
- At least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a management/supervisory capacity.
- At least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience inventory control/stock accounting in a warehouse/distribution environment strongly preferred.
- Previous Warehouse Management System/SAP based Warehouse Management System (WMS) Manhattan experience strongly preferred.
- Radio Frequency (RF) or related experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma Methodologies.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills
- Prioritization and problem solving skills essential.
- Strong systems background, familiar with Oracle preferred.
- Ability to plan for spikes and lows in day to day business and experience with reading/analyzing forecasts.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and oral, and the ability to effectively interact with Company customers and employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge and user experience with Excel, Access, E-Mail, and Work Documents.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 20 pounds.
Work is performed in a general warehouse environment on a concrete surface with adequate lighting. Temperatures can be very hot during the summer months and very cold during the winter months. Workspace can be very dusty and occasionally noise due to traffic of motorized vehicles operating.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 22625