About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, Continuous Improvement Programs is responsible for the strategy, development and implementation of training programs to support the Company’s strategic initiatives. The position manages staff to educate, train, motivate and direct cross-functional teams to desired results through skillful application of Six Sigma, QDM and Lean Methodologies. The position is accountable for conducting, coordinating and managing Six Sigma, QDM and Lean technologies to employees throughout the organization.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Develop long-term Continuous Roadmap
- Set improvement targets for the industry verticals and functional departments.
- Ensure QDM initiative inclusion within the roadmap
- Advocate use of QDM tools and methodologies
- Consult with field and operations on CI needs/projects.
- Facilitating project identification and completion with Champions, Process owners and project teams.
- Leading detailed process analysis using statistical tools.
- Performing the following internal consulting services to the satisfaction of our clients: Process mapping, Value stream mapping, process design, methods development, establishing performance standards/metrics, ROI analysis and project management.
- Stimulating management thinking by tactfully challenging conventional wisdom through demonstration of the application of Lean. Providing guidance and knowledge to lead the change.
- Utilizing Six Sigma and Lean to lead and execute high impact process improvement projects.
- Presenting data and solutions to Customers, both internal and external.
- Reviewing logistics operations, documenting product and information flow in current operations using tools including value stream maps, process flow diagrams and AutoCAD drawings; reviewing order volume and storage volume data to support operational decisions.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 8+ years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with conveyance, automatic sortation equipment, material handling equipment, and product storage systems a plus.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, including Access and Project.
- Ability to develop and present solutions that add value to the customer (external or internal).
- Experience developing productivity metrics and reporting tools.
- Ability to identify, design, and develop engineering tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 23287