About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
This position will be located and sit in Memphis, TN. Relocation available for qualified candidates.
The Solutions Advisor collaborates with the sales team, both on new business development opportunities as well as with growth opportunities for existing customers through the Strategic Account Management program to deliver value to FedEx Supply Chain and its customers through innovative network solutions. The Solution Advisor is a consultative and highly technically skilled position, where the incumbent is able to quickly assess a customer situation, evaluate their business needs, and offer ideas and strategies that will generate value with future growth. Working across business units and product lines, the position will be responsible for working closely with sales to develop unique and creative solutions for new and existing customers.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Provide supply chain thought leadership that supports the sales process and improves our ability to differentiate and add value to the overall solution and sales strategy for both new and existing customers.
- Provide supply chain performance improvement recommendations related to cost, service, footprint, asset utilization, as well as overall network improvement globally.
- Partners with sales to evaluate customer business needs and future trends to establish high-level strategy to execute supply chain improvements based on the services and capabilities offered by the entire FedEx enterprise.
- Closely support internal development efforts for best-in-class solutions, taking in to account all elements including but not limited to operational processing, engineering design, product management, marketing, real estate, IT, quality and regulatory requirements
- Partners with sales early in the customer engagement to analyze customers’ supply chains and identify opportunities to optimize business processes, including network optimization and center-of-gravity analyses
- Lead communication and collaboration with internal cross-functional departments and external stakeholders and also interface directly with customers through all phases of solution design initiatives
- Effectively deliver solution to internal and external stakeholders. Play an active role in sales process in the presentation generation, both written and PowerPoint.
You might be a great fit if….
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field, MBA or Masters in Supply Chain Management preferred
- Strong analytical, presentation skills and demonstrated ability to present information to large audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective customer and employee relationships.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Projects, VISIO or any other MS Project tools.
- Previous experience in consulting, engineering, operations, or outsourced environment is preferred.
- Must be able to understand customers' needs and work with defined parameters
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Experience in Hi-tech/Electronics, Healthcare, Consumer, Ecommerce and/or Retail Verticals.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 23362