About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Business Intelligence Specialist is part of a team that shares the responsibility for success and profitability by providing services to our customers. The position will include collaborating on the definition of business intelligence efforts, collecting requirements, designing visual analytics, working in partnership with IT, developing code, creating documentation and deploying/maintain applications.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Design and create data visualizations in TIBCO Spotfire.
- Identify and specify tech/functional requirements, resources and processes.
- Create and design specifications, deployment plans, system manuals and other technical documents.
- Analyze various data sources and documentation and organize that information into a cohesive conveyable format.
- Provide application maintenance and enhancement support.
- Conduct user acceptance testing and construct appropriate documentation.
- Facilitate design review sessions with analysts and key stakeholders.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Strong experience designing and developing business intelligence applications, preferably using TIBCO Spotfire.
- Strong SQL Experience (Ability to query data in SQL and prepare reports/analyses in tools such as Cognos, Spotfire, QlikView, R, etc.).
- Technical experience with database design, flow charting, and data modeling.
- Experience testing new application and system features.
- Motivation to follow project management, systems/software processes, measurement disciplines, and process improvement to improve product and services quality to achieve business objectives.
- Understanding of the importance of valid, reliable data for reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project).
- Motivation to drive tasks to completion effectively, initiative / entrepreneurial attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple organizational departments.
- Familiarity with documentation creation and maintenance.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 23432