About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, investment plans with a strong match and much more!
The Night Lead is scheduled on a four 10-hour shift from Tuesday to Friday from 8:45pm to 6:45am and works in partnership with the Operations Supervisor and is proficient in multiple areas. This position monitors the progress of assigned workload activities, assists with monitoring productivity status and reports, and directs process flow assignments. This position is responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Coordinates and monitors daily workload activities which include productivity tracking. This includes review, assignment and completion of daily workloads, maintains inventory accuracy by units, locations and ensures order quality and accuracy.
- All general warehouse job functions
- Ability to support systems related tasks
- Evaluates workloads and team resources and is proficient at communicating changing requirements to Management for workflow and assignment adjustments.
- Monitors the operation of all equipment, safety, security and housekeeping of the area and ensures company policies are followed.
- Provide or assist in training of all new warehouse Teammates and temporary Teammates
- Ensure adherence to all current SOPs and load integrity standards; report issues on non-compliance.
- May conduct pre-shift meetings; assist Supervisors as needed
- Fosters continuous improvement on the warehouse floor.
- Utilizes/assigns personnel where needed to ensure maximum efficiency and attainment of established production standards.
- Reviews line reconciliation paperwork for accuracy
- Assists with monitoring productivity status and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or GED required and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Excel to include spreadsheets and formulas and outlook email is required.
- Experience with applications such as warehouse management systems is required.
- Lean manufacturing and 5S experience helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- An excellent performance and attendance history with FedEx Supply Chain
- Works well in a team environment with the ability to treat others with respect while conducting yourself in a dignified manner.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact with all Teammates
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 60 pounds
AODA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.