About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Responsible for the strategy, development and implementation of network systems, applications, security and configuration within the company network infrastructure. Develops overall network systems and related procedures; implementing them as company standards after final senior leadership buy in and approvals. Has extensive knowledge of network processes and protocols, concepts, best practices, procedures and security. Relies entirely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Has capacity and drive to understand company’s business processes and make improvements.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Designs, installs, configures and supports company internal and/or external network systems, applications and security.
- Develops, maintains and implements all company network systems, applications, security, configurations and standards.
- Escalation point for all issues too complex to be resolved by less knowledgeable employees. Works directly with other company support teams, vendors and customers to troubleshoot issues.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a disaster recovery plan with senior staff.
- Analyzes, recommends and approves the patches for company network systems, applications and equipment. Works directly with vendors on critical, emergency and ZERO DAY patching process and relays that information and their recommendations to senior management for approval.
- Provides network technical support for complex issues and guidance to users and other IT employees. Works with other company support staff, vendors and customers to troubleshoot and solve issues.
- When necessary, perform complex network administration and maintenance of designated network(s) required to meet company business requirements. Provide top tier support when junior staff is unable to resolve issue(s). Communicate to senior management if issue(s) need to be escalated.
- Part of escalation process for highly complex issues. Only escalated to this level after all other troubleshooting efforts have been exhausted and/or senior management or customer requests escalation.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Complete understanding of client and server architecture and operation.
- Mastery of all areas of networking technologies employed by company with the ability to quickly adopt and master new technologies.
- Considered to be subject matter expert with a wide variety of network vendor hardware and software including but not limited to Cisco, F5, FortiNet, Juniper, and Solarwinds.
- Superior verbal, written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service driven and demonstrative leaderships skills.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 23599