About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Managing Director, Customer Operations (Healthcare) provides strategic leadership to an assigned base of Healthcare logistics/warehouse operations. This role provides oversight to Senior Managers, Customer Operations who are responsible for managing customer relationships through successful operations of logistics/warehouse operations. The role is responsible for identifying opportunities and trends within the defined base and formulating strategies to maximize profitability and address issues. Working in collaboration with the Company’s strategic planning function, the Managing Director develops recommendations for growing the logistics service offering to new and existing customers.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Provides leadership oversight to the management team in logistics operations by ensuring they are focused on goals and objectives and achieving performance expectations. Provides coaching and counseling to direct reports, being proactive to identify potential issues and developing action plans to mitigate risks to operations.
- Strong understanding and ability to navigate healthcare regulatory requirements and compliance specifically related to DEA and FDA regulations.
- Maximizing operational effectiveness on ensuring management teams are focused on delivering timely results for the business.
- Focus on operational execution, service delivery and service costs, KPI’s and continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with Continuous Improvement and Engineering to identify and set continuous improvement targets for sites.
- Identifies opportunities, trends and formulates strategies to maximize profitability and proactively address risks.
- Oversee the success, accuracy, current status and operational effectiveness of implemented plans, policies and operating procedures. Ensures accurate preparation and distribution of all necessary status reports and records regarding warehouse operations to enable effective decision-making.
- Provides leadership in using Quality Driven Management techniques within the business, encouraging use of analysis to drive decision making and development of improvements. Ensures team understands expectations and how information is reported and used.
- Participates on companywide teams to ensure company continuous improvements are aligned with the business.
- Actively participates in leadership development activities, including succession planning, coaching, and individual development planning within span of control.
- Performing all other duties as assigned or requested.
- Must have the ability to collaborate and partner with the Legal / Regulatory department.
You might be a great fit if….
- Advanced degree in Business preferred. BA/BS degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or other related operations discipline is strongly preferred. Alternatively, military rank at O5. Additional job-related certifications preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of proven management experience, preferably in a multi-customer healthcare logistics environment responsible for managing customer relationships, contracts, pricing, P&L, manage continuous improvement culture and talent management.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and requirements, required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at multiple levels, in support of our customer relationships.
- Demonstrated self-confidence, particularly with client relationships; strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, teammates, customers, and the general public.
- A proven track record of mentoring and developing direct reports and subordinates.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 23828