About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for providing value to our customer. This is accomplished by working with a team to develop and implement measured standards at all company locations. This position requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Develop and implement engineered labor standards.
- Workflow analysis and observation validation.
- Maintain established standards in work areas within facilities.
- Develop continuous improvement initiatives including evaluation of current operations, data analysis and implementation of recommended solutions.
- Oversee process improvement implementations including budget development, resource assignment, implementation scheduling, and monitoring to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Development of facility layout and design for new and existing facilities.
- Develop and maintain training documents for the correct methods and system transactions for warehouse employees in a variety of settings.
- Provision of troubleshooting services to facilities in need of operations assistance.
- Special projects as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, teammates, customers, and the general public.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office and other related systems.
- Experience in an industrial or warehouse operation including demonstrated examples of concept, designing and/or implementing process improvements to safety, quality or productivity metrics.
- Teamwork skills in resolving problems, discussing issues, and communicating potential solutions and results to wage employees as well as upper management.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 24093