About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing professional, quality improvement support. Develops and supports a customer focused Quality plan to assure customer satisfaction, and achievement of business objectives. Supports statistical based quality inspection planning, measures and provides results of quality assurance audits and inspections. Provides analysis of service and production data to identify trends and areas requiring improvement. Leader for advanced quality planning focused on continual improvement, and during the development of new business.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Working with assigned areas to prevent and address systemic quality opportunities for improvement.
- Creating process failure mode effect analysis (PFMEA) and control plans on new products, processes, and projects.
- Performs gage repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R) studies to reduce measurement error and variation.
- Ability to implement statistical process control (SPC) as needed in key processes to reduce component variation and amount of quality inspection.
- Must be able to analyze statistical data and provide solutions to complex problems.
- Responsible for leading improvement efforts.
- Conducts periodic process audits to ensure processes are capable and stable
- Generates new ideas or methods on how to significantly reduce defects found in operations.
- Performs detailed root cause analysis on quality problems and assist with corrective and preventive action plans.
- Technical writing. Create Process Maps and Work Instructions for new products, processes, and projects.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical field preferred and at least 4 years of experience using advanced quality engineering tools in a fast paced environment.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and at least 6 years of relevant experience.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Strong organizational skills.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Black belt certification is a plus.
- Experience with customer contact, and voice of the customer capture.
- Previous technical training experience required (Lean Problem Solving).
- Full understanding and use of ANSI AQL sampling methodology/criteria and TL 9000 is required.
- Prior experience working in a continuous process improvement environment required.
- High level of flexibility to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with Quality System Standards such as ISO 9001 / TL9000 requirements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet complex deadlines.
- Must be able to motivate teammates, and lead improvement teams.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strongly developed analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of MINITAB, Sigma XL or other statistical packages + normal MS Office package, including MS Project and MS Visio.
- Intermediate to advanced experience level with MS Office applications required.
- WMS experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to champion improvement with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 24592