About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager of Engineering is responsible for leading a team of engineers in support of our operations including activities such as Process Improvements, Facility Start-ups, Space Utilization, Sales Support, and New Technology Research. Responsible for effectively deploying resources to support the ongoing needs of the business while ensuring best practices are being implemented throughout the organization. Provide technical oversight of the products’ installation environment, maintenance of the system to ensure reliable performance. This position will manage facility level lean projects generating annual cost savings for their business unit. This position will lead and advocate continuous improvement methodologies and tools across the business and be responsible for facilitating project identification and implementation in coordination with facility operations.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Drive adherence to process and productivity standards.
- Set annual and quarterly site focus for improvements.
- Oversee adherence to established process and labor standards with regions.
- Engage Sales and Operations to research, spec, and justify technologies that can support customer requirements
- Build the engineering structure to scale, grow with the strategy of the company, and define roles and responsibilities for the engineering team in supporting operations
- Evaluate operational productivity goals, help monitor daily and ensure goals are achieved on all shifts
- Utilize Labor Management Systems and Performance Coaching and Observation principles to assure the attainment of facility production, quality and safety standards and objectives.
- Support Managing Director of Engineering to prioritize and plan new project requests.
- Coach and develop engineers and ensure continued development in areas such as process improvement and project management.
- Independently manage own project deliverables and schedules while also mentoring and coaching fellow Engineers.
- Leads many engineers’ day to day activities.
- Lead and participate in team efforts and work on projects which require interfacing with all levels of management
- Communicate with hourly and salaried facility personnel to support above efforts.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor degree in industrial engineering or related field with 8+ years of relevant experience, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong management and prioritization skills, including leading and coordinating multiple projects, influencing non-direct reports and peers, ensuring on-time delivery, working with consultants, and successfully navigating in a dynamic, fast-paced and challenging environment
- Experience developing and presenting analysis, strategy, and findings to Senior Company Leaders
- Knowledge of conveyance, automatic sortation equipment, material handling equipment, and product storage systems desirable.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word and Access skills is required.
- PMP® Certification is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Combination of office and on-site work with the ability to travel up to 25% of the time throughout the United States and Canada (additional international travel may also be required)
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 24752