FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
This position will manage the development and implementation of the facility’s demand planning, parts procurement and parts requirements to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Will reinforce company policies, processes and procedures and establish and maintain healthy working relationship across the department.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Manage demand planning, parts to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction by providing appropriate materials on a timely basisWork with buyer/planner and materials group to resolve receiving exceptions for all items delivered Work with buyer/planner and material group to resolve invoice discrepancy issues
- Stay up to date on industry business practices and products
- Respond to and resolve production issues related to Inventory/Purchasing group
- Actively reduce inventory while maintaining satisfactory production support.
- Monitor and reduce the exposure for excess and obsolete materials
- Prepare and analyze monthly/weekly metrics as directed to monitor inventory levels and demand planning
- Select and develop the FedEx Supply Chain ATC procurement tool, which will be the primary systematic tool for parts procurement for the facility.
- Develop internal processes for procurement and forecasting for the customer.
- Work with IT department to ensure proper reporting metrics are established for customer communication.
- Conduct tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Manage and communicate forecast based on scheduled and forecasted plan to material vendors
- Develop and maintain positive and productive vendor relationships
- Provide positive role model by taking proactive role in improving products and processes
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures
- Contribute to the company’s overall strategies and goals
- Show initiative and make suggestions for improving processes
- Provide good communication with customers, vendors and teammates
- Other Duties as assigned
You might be a great fit if…
- Participates in physical inventories;
- Communicates with operators from other shifts.
- Provides on-the-job training to new teammates.
- Teammate will be instrumental in the development of the FedEx Supply Chain ATC procurement tool, which will be the primary systemic tool for the procurement of all parts for the factory.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Five plus years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to use a PC running Windows and experience with word processing and spreadsheet software applications
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret production schedules using Excel and database tools
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures
- Must have advance degree of communication skills, oral & written, for internal/external customers
- Strong organizational skills are required. The qualified candidate must be detail oriented and be able to work independently & under pressure while handling a variety of duties simultaneously
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.