About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
As Scrum Master III, you play a key role in the definition, development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of Agile practices (with an emphasis on Scrum) with the organization. You will facilitate sprint planning, retrospective, and daily activities related to stand-ups and sprint burn down; as well as maintain relevant metrics that help the team see and understand their progress during a sprint. In this role you'll own and resolve identified impediments. As Scrum Master, you're responsible for leading the continual Agile transformation and practices as well as promoting accountability and transparency across all levels of the organization.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Perform the role of scrum master for one or more teams, leading multiple, simultaneous initiatives or medium complexity programs /release.
- Practices the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, accountability, and practices continuous improvement
- Support and educate Product Owners, especially regarding developing, refining and managing product backlog
- Strong mediation and negotiation skills
- Facilitates sprint demos, planning, and retrospectives
- Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Provide status reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs), schedule, resources, and milestone delivery
- May provide guidance to less experienced personnel and/or other teammates (Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Product Development Team, other Scrum Masters and PM community) that will be assigned to teams in iterative product development; including following the Scrum Framework, communicating effectively, managing conflict amongst team members, identifying and removing impediments, and applying self-organization and shared leadership with the team
- Possesses a deep understanding of the organizations products and services
- Familiar with a variety of field's concepts, practices and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish tasks
- Works under minimal supervision
- Performs a variety of complex tasks
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Other duties as assigned or requested
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 4 years of relevant experience or applicable certifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should be able to demonstrate a basic understanding in as many of the following areas as possible: Personal/Laptop Computers & related OS & software/hardware; Sun/Windows servers & related OS & software/hardware; Networking - switches, routers, hubs, modems, terminal servers, firewalls & printers (including cables/connectors and wireless); RF - controllers, access points and hand-held units; Scanning - scan guns, terminals and label printers; Mobile devices - iPhone, iPad and Blackberry & associated OS; Local and web-based applications/environments - AD, Citrix, Microsoft Outlook/Exchange (and other Microsoft Office components), Lotus Notes, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Financial systems, McAfee Antivirus (and related tools), Malware/ Spyware removal tools, Remote tools, Data analysis tools, and Electronic Data Interchange
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Job ID: 24823