About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Desktop Technician I will perform functions that include drawing upon computer hardware and application experience in order to provide technical resolution to business solutions, support systems operations by resolving issues, create efficient, analytical decisions, prepare and lead informal training sessions for users, and serve as a technical information resource.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Set-up/repair computers and related equipment for employee/customer use.
- OS deployment (computer/laptop imaging/installation).
- Provide technical assistance to end-users of the company's computer system(s).
- Deliver technical assistance for computer related software and peripherals.
- Resolve all technical matters to meet customer service level agreements.
- PC/Laptop builds (requirements and specifications).
- End-point security of systems and data (antivirus/malware).
- Software inventory and distribution (update/patch deployment).
- Maintain portions of issue tracking & change request management systems.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
You might be a great fit if….
- Associate’s Degree in related field preferred and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic understanding in the following areas: iOS & software/hardware/peripherals (including printers), computer imaging concepts/practices, Computer/System management products/tools (Dell KACE), Networking concepts/devices, iPhone, iPad and Blackberry & associated OS, Corporate applications/environments - AD, Citrix, Microsoft Office applications, Lotus Notes, McAfee Antivirus, Malware/Spyware removal concepts/tools, Voice over IP/Avaya telephone systems; Video conferencing concepts/practices; McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 24837