About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Engineering-Support Technician I is responsible for validating, but not limited to: unattended diagnostic and imaging development for new / legacy platforms; assisting in new content delivery processes; troubleshooting factory failures complex in nature. Teammate also provides system and software management, security maintenance, and support to insure optimum system integrity and performance. Interact with customer / FedEx Supply Chain IT teams to resolve complex, technical issues.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Edit unattended diagnostic / imaging packages to support NPI process.
- Works closely with customers, NPI and other IT departments on complex issues.
- Support legacy product lines.
- Support factory with training on new processes.
- Troubleshoots system problems.
- Communicates with management, IT, engineers and Quality Assurance to resolve complex failure trends.
- Works with Systems Administrator to develop enhancement / deployment testing strategies.
- May assist lesser experienced personnel.
- Other jobs as required by supervision.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Networking, Database Management, Computer science or engineering discipline preferred and 1-2 years of experience in IT / Engineering discipline.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED, and 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- Advance diagnostic and trouble shooting skills.
- Strong understanding in database structure / management.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure management.
- Ability to work on complex problems.
- Advanced knowledge of assembly processes and procedures.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Ability to work independently and in ambiguous situations.
- Effective oral / written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Background in DOS / UNIX / Windows test environment.
- Strong understanding of batch file automation and diagnostic programs used to test software and hardware.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 24901