About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Engineering Specialist performs one or more of the following activities: configuration management, system administration, security administration, network administration, development system implementation, production system implementation. Responds to issues related to environment, hardware, system, and/or software and implements resolution across technology areas. May support activities related to change management, outage management, and project management as well.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Support datacenter and customer remote sites
- Apply technical skill set and logical problem-solving skills to reduce impact of incidents and expedite resolution
- Monitor System alerts and provide support
- Utilize technical skill set to accurately diagnose and communicate issues and updates to users, management and technical staff
- Work with other IT silos in an effort to resolve incidents as well as identify root cause.
- Address non-critical incidents in a timely manner as defined within the priority definitions
- Display understanding of the topology, design and function of FSC networks
- Ability to provide level II-III support
- Assists in projects as needed
- Monitor our incident management system (PDSM/Service-Now) and provide 2nd/3rd tier support
- Identify recurring incidents and open/work problem tickets
- Monitor/ work within Change Management system to support Change Requests (PDSM/Service-Now)
- Adhere to policies and procedures as defined by the Change Management process
- Ability to clearly communicate changes, scope and impact
- This position is full-time and may require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited weekends and evenings.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the networking sector with emphasis relating to the operational support of data networks, switching, routing, firewalls.
- Work within Microsoft Visio to create, read and understand network topologies.
- CCENT, CCT, CCDA, CCNA, CCDP, CCNP preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of carrier-based services such as T1, DS3, Metro-Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, Fiber, QoS
- Understanding of network protocols, including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- Understanding of network technologies, including Layer 2/Layer 3 switching and routing.
- Cisco Switching/Routing (Cisco Nexus 2K, 7K, 9K, Cisco Catalyst 2960G, 2960X, 3650, 3650X, 3750, 3750X, 3850)
- Fortinet firewalls (80C/81E, 90D, 100D/101E, 300C/300D, etc.)
- Network monitoring tools (Solarwinds, GFI, etc.)
- Wireshark or similar packet sniffing tools
- Proficient with MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio)
- Additional Skills (considered a plus):
- F5 LTM/GTM Load Balancers
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Motorola or Cisco Wireless, especially command line operations
- Riverbed Steelhead appliances
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 24910