About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The EMR Technician 5 (EMR5) description applies to varied job functions in our facility; all with similar levels of skill required, responsibilities, and expectations. The EMR5 is responsible for tearing down and replacing parts in systems. An EMR5 will trouble shoot, diagnose, and determine the most cost-effective course to repair hardware and software issues for a wide range of Tablets, Notebooks, Desktops, and Servers dependent on which Line of Business the Teammate is assigned to. Key job functions include EG1 GDO (Fallout, Enterprise Support Tech), EG3 CFS (Issue Lane Operator), EG3 L4 (Validation), and EG3 Conus (Fallout).
This position will be responsible for…..
- Those of EMR Technician 1, EMR Technician 2, EMR Technician 3, EMR Technician 4.
- Logging any quality or process findings discovered into the correct databases.
- Determining when an issue is an Engineering issue and provide details for Engineering Department to investigate.
- Perform server configuration and initialization.
- Provide support as required for New Product launches.
- Resolve advanced failures escalated by other technicians.
- Trouble shoots and diagnoses hardware and software issues for a wide range of systems (Large Form Factor, Commercial and consumer grade Desktops, Notebooks, tablets).
- Responsible for addressing and solving production “exceptions” for your designated LOB.
- Completes daily repair logs.
- Install and remove server testing hosts, cabling, and monitoring equipment in server cabinets.
- Monitor Teammates in Final Inspection and Boxing to ensure work is being done properly and correct any issues that impact Key metrics like Aging, Quality, and ULH.
- Monitors inventory for aging to ensure systems are being turned in proper time.
- Perform preventative maintenance and 5S on server cabinets including cabling, installation hardware, and monitoring equipment.
- Timely communication with Management, Engineers, and Quality Control to resolve complex failures.
You might be a great fit if….
- This position operates in a specially designated federal area and due to contractual and regulatory obligations, requires U.S. citizenship in order to be considered for the position.
- High school diploma or GED and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong PC skills (Word and Excel).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple functions, or tasks.
- May be A+ certified.
- Technical ability to trouble shoot, diagnose and repair systems.
- Familiarity with materials handling and radio frequency equipment is beneficial
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 30 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 24913