About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, Ecommerce Sales is responsible for managing and motivating a highly responsive team in the development of new business as well as maintaining and/or growing existing business. This person will build a world-class ecommerce sales team while optimizing costs, increasing revenues and maximizing profitability. The individual will generate new and maintain existing customers through aggressive prospecting, targeted cold calling, sharp business negotiations, new account development/servicing and the accurate scheduling of transportation services. The individual must be able to communicate well with executive management as well as customers.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full-time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Collaborate with senior management to create and execute plan to achieve profitable sales growth.
- Manage outsourced vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with sales to create ongoing program to generate ecommerce sales from companies that utilize FedEx Supply Chain for other services.
- Create team alignment to optimally support and drive engagement with targeted FedEx contacts/prospects.
- Foster team development through industry education, sales coaching.
- Share learnings with strategy, communication, and marketing groups to ensure that the “voice of the prospect” is captured in industry-facing material.
- Recruit, train, motivate and lead an ecommerce sales team through a high performance culture and structure that focuses on business results.
- Mentor new hires with training and on-going sales activity support.
- Interact with sales personnel to cultivate and develop new business.
- Measure and manage sales department performance using a range of objective operational and financial measures.
- Ability to shift responsibilities between sales and operational demands.
- Problem resolution for service related issues.
- Provide feedback and recommendations that drive continuous improvement.
- Assist with developing and updating business rules, work processes and standard operating procedures.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant sales or marketing experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- 3 year’ direct leadership experience in a sales or marketing capacity preferred.
- Familiarity with ecommerce sales.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, large volume, high-intensity environment with strong focus on meeting/exceeding measurable metrics.
- Proficient negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting operational results to customers, carriers, and internal teammates.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- The ability to work as part of a team, with a high degree of enthusiasm, professionalism and motivation.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 24933