About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Cloud Engineer will build and automate highly available, elastic, and secure Cloud Infrastructure to support the IT needs of our business. Also need to work in a wide variety of areas including security, configuration management, continuous integration, and continuous deployment. Provisioning and de-provisioning the environments. Debugging meaningful technical issues inside a very deep and complex technical stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc. Possesses a strong understanding of the organization’s products and services. Develops, documents, and implements system standards based on best practices. Recommend and implement system tuning parameters to achieve best possible performance. Maintain and monitor the systems to achieve optimum level of performance. Influence project architecture design to meet business requirements. Develop, implement and configure technologies related to the IaaS architecture.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Ensure operations, scaling, maintenance of our private cloud infrastructure.
- Support the organization in maturing the infrastructure into a fully automated and service-oriented.
- Work closely with the Domain Architect and other team members to recommend, design, and build Cloud services.
- Fluent in Scripting (Ruby, Perl, Phython, Tereform, Chef, Anisible, Puppet, GIT, Jenkins, YAML, Nexus and Shell Scripting.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution on systems – performance, health, configuration using OMI
- Configuring monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, HP Openview, or Nagios
- Encode, test, debug, and document associated scripts/programs.
- Resolve escalated technical matters to meet customer service level agreements.
- Perform root cause analysis/fixes or corrective action of defects for more complex issues.
- Escalate higher level or complex issues to senior levels as required.
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health.
- Follow documented Software Development Life-Cycle standards.
- Participate or lead special projects and training, as required.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, QA and Engineering teams to deliver on time and within budget
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security and high availability in the cloud.
- Ability to keep systems running at peak performance, upgrade operating system, patches, and version upgrades as required.
- Lead other admins and platform engineers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and tactical needs.
- This position is full-time and will require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited weekends and evenings.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Experience with any cloud technologies; Oracle Cloud is preferred.
- Creating, configuring, and running containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Basic Oracle Linux OS setup and configuration/ RHEL
- Oracle Cloud Services – OCI, CLI and OKE a plus.
- Server less technologies (Lambda, Google Functions, Azure Functions).
- Experience working in an Agile team-oriented environment is desired.
- General purpose programming languages (preferably Java).
- Networking and Firewall concepts and troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Storage provisioning and back up background.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 24934