About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, Planning is the main point of contact for all customer demand related activities. They translate a customer provided Purchase Order list, evaluate building and machine center production capacities, develop a production schedule that translates into a labor and logistics plan. The Manager is responsible for maintaining customer expectations. They give direction to the scheduling team for clerical support, the engineering team for indications of project priorities based on future demand, and the operations team for what priorities take precedence.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns
- Develop a finite production schedule.
- Manager customer planning communication and analysis.
- Perform material requirement planning.
- Perform capacity analysis.
- Evaluate production floor for capital investment needs.
- Evaluate usage of equipment.
- Create labor plan and communicate needs to temporary agencies and local management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or related field preferred and 4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 6 years of relevant experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in planning/scheduling activities in a multiple line/production manufacturing plant or co-pack plant.
- Ability to identify database discrepancies.
- Computer literacy at high level to include Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience planning a multi-line production facility.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Job ID: 24940