About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Under limited supervision, analyzes the requirements to determine the hardware, system configuration, performance and capacity needs for system-related operating systems improvements and business integration. Recommend, design, and implement the architectural roadmap regarding Linux, Storage, SAN and virtual environments. Develop, document and implement system standards based on best practices. Recommend and implement system tuning parameters to achieve best possible performance. Maintain and monitor the systems to achieve optimum level of performance. Influence project architecture design to meet business requirements. Develop, implement and configure technologies related to storage networking and storage provisioning.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Design, test and configure infrastructures and solutions for various applications and configurations.
- Utilize strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve hardware, software, or other system issues.
- Design and implement install, backup and recovery of HPUX and RHEL systems. Design and configure solutions using ignite for system recovery (HPUX) and tools such as satellite and kickstart for system recovery (RHEL).
- Design, install and configure Sun Solaris, ESX servers and virtual environments.
- Develops infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools using configuration language and scripting tools.
- Responsible for projects including the implementation of remediation activities, patch management, and firmware updates in a highly complex environment.
- Gather performance and data usage statistics for capacity planning and reporting.
- Generate and maintain documentation of the Linux, SAN and Storage environments.
- Patch and maintain Linux, Storage and SAN systems at supported levels.
- Design, implement and maintain system security across Linux platforms.
- Create and implement shell scripts for automation, system monitoring and alerting.
- Design, configure and maintain print queues. Troubleshoot printing issues to resolution.
- Design and maintain operating system backup solutions for system recovery and disaster recovery.
- Mentor and train junior administrators.
- This position is full-time and may require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited weekends and evenings.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Complete understanding of client and server (Linux) architecture and operation.
- Knowledge of all areas of networking technologies employed by company with the ability to quickly adopt and master new technologies.
- Considered knowledgeable with a wide variety of vendor hardware and software including but not limited to HP, Oracle, Cloud, EMC, and Solarwinds.
- Superior verbal, written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service driven and demonstrative leaderships skills.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 24946