About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, investment plans with a strong match and much more!
The Inventory & Operational Support Teammate is responsible for providing value to our customers by performing all activities necessary and noted below. This position will require various inventory control assignments and will incorporate the safe operation of material handling equipment in the Brantford warehouse.
Bundling seasonal samples
· Stage, load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner.
· Move product to storage areas with proper equipment (High Reach) and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
· Pick orders via Cherry Picker/Walkie for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
· Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Verify OS&D counts.
· Gather product from damage locations and sort between repack, DDD & disposal in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed; repair pallets when necessary.
· Maintain KDF inventory used for the repack process and place orders as necessary.
· Maintain and distribute supply of candy for the break rooms
· Gather and maintain Ferrero seasonal sample inventory
· Perform daily cycle counts of assigned area and/or amount of locations.
· Investigate and correct inventory discrepancies including lot code, count and location errors.
· Action customer QA hold and release requests and maintain appropriate records
· Perform product quality inspections
· Operate any materials handling equipment safely and efficiently as required for picking, receiving, and storing functions, as required.
· Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Comply with Ontario Health and Safety Act and SDS standards.
You Might be a Great Fit if...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of inventory control experience preferred
- One year of lift truck operating experience preferred
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and skills, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- One to two years of experience with warehouse management systems
- One to two years of experience on Cherry Picker / Stock Picker. Important: "Must have no concerns with elevated heights during the operation of this equipment
- Demonstrated ability to read, speak, and understand English in order to maintain required records and correspondence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization with demonstrated experience in communicating with external customers
- Excellent analytical skills and abilities with attention to detail.
- Flexibility to assist in Operations when required and requested
- Ability to work safely in a warehouse environment.
- Works well in a team environment with the ability to treat others with respect while conducting yourself in a dignified manner. Possess and carries a positive attitude.
- Proven ability to organize, plan and prioritize.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Commitment to exceptional attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds comfortably.
- The above responsibilities are not inclusive of other duties that may be assigned.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
AODA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.
Job ID: 25322