About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Engineer, Project IV will support new business solutions and designs for customers. Incumbent will assess complex data sets to drive facility layouts and optimize the operation. He or she must be able to show an expert understanding and able to apply project management techniques as it relates to managing technical scopes of work for an integrated project plan.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Analyze multiple data sets and able to compile results to support new facility layout design
- Assess inbound, outbound data files for volume profiles and peak concerns
- Assess inventory files for SKU profile and how it relates to design of systems
- Assess slotting profiling of SKU’s
- Leads the analysis of complex problems and synthesis of solutions using a blend of theoretical and experimental concepts.
- Able to demonstrate excellent judgment in technical trade-offs and analyses.
- Leads translating the data to design a facility layout for large projects (greater than 100,000 Sq Ft)
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development of process flows through the facility and assess it against volume profiles to understand impacts to operations
- Leads the review of customer specifications and understands their impact to new building designs
- Leads the development of scopes of work for capital purchases from third parties
- Leads the development of cost estimates for capital expenses for medium capital projects (greater than $1 million)
- Lead interface with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and compliance to the design specifications
- Key point of contact for capital equipment installation team, sometimes requiring travel to site for commissioning/testing purposes
- Review legal documents to identify the risk and impact to the business from a technical point of view to support accurate contracting including technical support on SOWs, MSAs, and leases.
- Leads scoping, estimating, justification, and management of project budgets and supports operational P&L management
- Leads presentations with internal and external customers
- Leads customer site visits to assess new business opportunities providing technical expertise
- Able to balance competing priorities from both internal and external customers.
- Provides guidance, direction, and peer review of projects for other engineers.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related engineering field required and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Leads cross-functional teams on high complexity projects with demonstrated success (on-time, on-budget, desired yield). Ability to manage multiple projects at once. Ability to manage issues/risks with little to no supervision
- Initiates and maintains relationships with key individuals within FedEx Supply Chain (up to VP level) and outside of Supply Chain, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues
- Proactively provides technical consulting, leadership and advice to peers and upper management (MD/VPs). Understands the "question behind the question"
- Expert knowledge and experience across a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures. Knowledge includes real-world understanding across most areas of the warehouse design and in-depth knowledge of subtleties and risks involved complex projects.
- The incumbent must have an expert knowledge and experience across a variety of warehouse business systems, warehouse operation concepts, practices, and processes.
- Expert in change management process, able to influence all levels of the organization
- Expert analytic and problem solving capacity with large data sets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Expert understanding of how to apply project management tools including: scheduling, risk management, budgeting, procurement, and change orders
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 25388