About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, investment plans with a strong match and much more!
FedEx Supply Chain is seeking a Welcome Centre Clerk for Day Shift to join our team at one of our Distribution Centre’s located in Brantford,Ontario. The schedule shift is Monday - Friday 6:45 am - 2:45PM. The Distribution Centre is a 468,000 square foot building, responsible for the distribution of consumer products. It is a multi-shift operation.The successful candidate will be responsible for checking in and out trailers/containers, shipping and receiving paperwork, and access control of the yard.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
- Inspect Inbound and Outbound trailers/containers
- Document persons entering and leaving the yard
- Document control on Bills of Lading (BOL’s), trailer/container inspection sheets
- Interact with drivers courteously, respectfully, and professionally
- Check trailers/containers in and out using Red Prairie Warehouse Management System (WMS) Software
- Liaise with clerical and workflow staff
- Answer phone calls from internal and external customers
- Printing Bill of Lading
- Maintain access control and drivers logs
- As part of a team perform yard audits - reconciliation of current yard status versus data in Red Prairie
- Prioritize a high volume of emails at the start of shift and throughout the day
- Enforce safety policies, i.e. PPE, pedestrian traffic, speed limits and other site policies
- Report safety and security issues promptly
You might be a great fit if…
- 1 to 2 years’ experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience in logistics or transportation
- Demonstrated ability to read, speak, and understand English in order to maintain required records and correspondence.
- Ability to perform physical activities that uses entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials in accordance with FedEx safety policies.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. safely
- Works well in a team environment with the ability to treat others with respect in a dignified and professional manner.
- Works well with minimum supervision
- Pleasant and courteous demeanor
- Willingness to work in the outside elements for checking of transports and yard
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook email, and other custom software programs
- Ability to file and maintain accurate records
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and remain professional in a high workload environment
- The above responsibilities are not inclusive of other duties that may be assigned
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
AODA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Ontarions with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.