About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Business Applications Advisor interacts with business partners and/or it staff to gather and document information related to requirements and/or software testing. Gathers information from multiple sources and independently sorts medium to high complexity business issues to recommend appropriate direction. Frequently leads large project efforts. Analyzes business processes and associates them to software deliverables. Develops and/or executes test scripts against requirements. Drafts and reviews documentation in compliance with the FedEx global development process. Develops and/or maintains a business model that reflects current processes and business rules. Provides and/or consolidate input to scoping and impact analysis for Future deliverables. Mentors those in less senior positions.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Hands on configuration of Manhattan WMOS WMS systems.
- Participate in all phases of implementation and production support of applications and components in multi-technology, business-critical systems.
- Gather requirements and design the most accurate and efficient solution possible.
- Analyzing and reengineering repetitive failed processes to drive out risk
- Work closely with development team to ensure that all have an accurate understanding of the solution to limit rework to the minimum.
- Maintain understanding of interface specifications and configuration options.
- Document requirements and solutions according to the business SDLC process.
- Work with Implementation and program management teams to transition new customer and development projects into normal day to day activities.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, the business community, external customers, consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Stay up-to-date on current and future warehouse execution technologies, capabilities and trends.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Skills in creating presentations and scorecards
- Extensive knowledge of excel for report creation and tracking
- Follow change control methodology in day-to-day activities.
- Work to establish, maintain, and update strategy (methodology, processes, standards, tools, services) used in implementing supply chain systems.
- Travel for projects as required
- Follow corporate vision, mission and values in daily activities. Follow the highest ethical standards in all activities undertaken.
- Provides for 24/7/365 coverage as needed using on call rotation in support of operations under time constraints and pressure situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience supporting or implementing Manhattan WMOS WMS systems preferred.
- Must be able to display ability to logically work through problems to create solutions so business operations contractual service level agreements are maintained.
- Ability to work well in distributed teams with effective communication skills to ensure their tasks and ideas are effectively understood. This includes but is not limited to proactively providing status updates, identifying areas and opportunities for improvement, and escalation of problems and issues to managers.
- Good Communication Skills with high degree of verbal and written proficiency both technical and operational and a professional attitude.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware platforms such as UNIX and/or Linux servers and Oracle relational databases is a plus.
- Outgoing, action oriented self-starter who enjoys fast paced dynamic environments who works well individually and in a team.
- Strong proficiency in Oracle SQL for application development.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 25637