About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Customer Service Supervisor has responsibility for employee productivity and successful account operations. The focus is on tactical execution of day to day operations and employee support, coaching and mentoring. This role will have tactical relationships with both internal and external customers as well as vendors. This role also will oversee activities for the account order management and customer service functions. Interface with customer directly regarding operational/customer initiatives and presentations.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Supervises at least 2 full-time direct reports. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to recommending hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including terminations.
- Provide an enhanced customer experience through communications and tools (shared drives/ websites, etc.)
- Customer service functions: Customer complaints, customer shipment, inquiry, etc.
- Coordinate the Order Management functions in the facility: Ensure operations orders are planned in the most effect manner, ensure all customer expectations are met and coordinated with operations.
- Directing the operational aspects of the facility.
- Knowing and evaluating operational productivity goals, monitoring daily and ensuring goals are achieved on all shifts.
- Ensuring/reinforcing The Company employee culture is being fostered in the facility.
- Assuring the attainment of facility production, quality and safety objectives.
- Reviewing and assuring the accuracy of required production and inventory reports.
- Coordinating and conforming with the operational aspects of The Company's Core Excellence Program and audit regularly to ensure full compliance.
- Planning, monitoring and managing actual performance against operational portions of the budget; this includes, but is not limited to, proper management of departmental staffing levels, overtime and overall operational headcount.
- Leading operational initiatives to ensure inventory accuracy goals are met.
- Ensuring shipment and loading accuracy on all shifts.
- Implementing process improvement programs utilizing Lean/ Six Sigma methodologies.
- Providing assistance to the General Manager on reporting function/ presentations.
- Up to 10 % travel.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related field preferred and 5 years of experience in Customer Service or related field.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 7 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with The Company customers and employees.
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean methodologies and/or Green Belt certification preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Previous team building experience preferred.
- Previous budget planning and P/L exposure a plus.
- Expert knowledge level of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 20 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 25826