About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, IT Windows Systems will be responsible for the strategy, development and implementation of Windows Server systems, ancillary applications (such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NPS, SCCM, and file services), security, and configuration within the company Active Directory infrastructure. The incumbent will ensure that Windows Server Systems and related procedures adhere to company standards as well as process development and improvement recommendations with senior staff. He or she has a thorough knowledge of IT processes, concepts, best practices and procedures. They will lead and mentor a team of highly skilled individuals ensuring business objectives are met.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 8 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns
- Define and implement Windows Server systems and Active Directory strategy, including major technology transformation to meet the needs of a growing organization. Work closely with internal support teams (Help Desk and Desktop support) to ensure processes are followed.
- Oversee a large enterprise with multiple data centers in a continual growing environment; advising senior leadership on capacity planning and future requirements.
- Change agent with the ability to work with internal and external business partners to deploy solutions in support of the strategic vision and business roadmap.
- Work with Operations Managers to understand business strategy, IT roadmaps and how to translate them into enterprise IT services and support requirements with a focus on continual improvement.
- Ensure that teams are following IT processes for incident, change, and problem management.
- Make recommendations on investments in hardware and services.
- Partner with vendors and service providers to optimize cost, quality, and capability of Windows and Active Directory services.
- Prepare and manage capital and operational budgets.
- Ensure on-time project delivery within allocated budgets.
- Develop and manage internal relationships with leadership teams, business managers, IT and business teams as well as external relationships with IT vendors and industry peers.
- Responsible for defining, approving and enforcing policies related to our Windows Server and Active Directory environment and participates in discussions of policies (i.e. security, audit controls, data privacy, etc.).
- Work with senior management to define overall strategy and objectives for the organization (investment plan, maintenance agreements, new investments, etc.).
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of three (5) years of proven management experience, preferably in a multi-customer logistics environment is required.
- Span of control is at department level or above.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 26302