About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Advisor, Software Developer - Java provides leadership and initiative in a team environment. Ensures application of systems thinking principles allowing team members to independently design, code, test, and deploy software. Provide the necessary documentation to support the software Development Life Cycle. Develop prototypes and solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology. Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the launch new launch new business capabilities. Lead the resolution of complex problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Encode, test, debug and document associated, complex software/programs.
- Review, analyze, troubleshoot, and modify complex core and customized software.
- Respond to complex, escalated customer inquiries/requests for technical/operational support.
- Resolve complex technical matters to meet customer service level agreements.
- Analyze and/or implement corrective action for root cause analysis/fixes or corrective action of defects.
- Follow documented Software Development Life-Cycle standards.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor or specialist.
- Point of contact for higher level or complex issues and will work with senior levels for resolution.
- This position is full-time and may require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited weekends and evenings.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Oracle Databases versions Oracle 9 and higher; Programming using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 26345