About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
FedEx Supply Chain is currently seeking an exceptional legal practitioner possessed of excellent judgment, solid character, and unquestioned personal integrity. The successful candidate shall be responsible for providing expert legal services in the areas of corporate and transactions law. Such candidate must have keen intellect, judgment, experience, and leadership qualities necessary to help orchestrate and drive business objectives and to engage in and take ownership of a wide variety of legal and business matters; s/he must also be a self-starter. The position will report directly to the Managing Director of the Transactions Group, with whom the candidate will work closely on all matters. The candidate will also collaborate with our Regulatory & Compliance, Finance, Labor & Employment, Human Resources, Risk Management, Security, Information Technology, and Operations departments. This position will be based in Memphis, Tennessee.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Developing a thorough understanding of and familiarity with FedEx Supply Chain’s businesses, products, future goals, and the environments within which each FedEx Supply Chain business unit operates as well as the broader environment within which FedEx Logistics operates.
- Structuring, negotiating, reviewing, and drafting a variety of agreements for internal and external corporate transactions, with a focus on 3PL, distribution, warehousing, and supply chain agreements.
- Managing a large workload and juggling responsibilities to address dynamic priorities.
- Conveying complicated information to business partners in a concise, professional, and courteous manner.
- Providing support regarding contract interpretation and guidance.
- Holding business partners accountable and ensuring contractual obligations are met.
- Collaborating with and supporting other Legal Department staff in complex commercial contracting and general corporate matters on a project management basis, creating an “engaged” team culture.
- Creating, updating, and reviewing policies and procedures to ensure that FedEx Supply Chain is operating in compliance with legal and ethical obligations.
- Leading projects among major internal stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Engaging, overseeing, directing, and/or evaluating the performance and progress of outside counsel to ensure that the requisite expert legal advice is obtained when/as necessary.
- Providing on-the-spot, accurate, and consistent legal advice from accumulated knowledge and experience.
- Developing and delivering presentations and training to employees, including management, within your area of responsibility.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Law degree from an accredited law school and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
- Active license to practice law in the State of Tennessee or at least one other U.S. jurisdiction, and (if not admitted to practice in Tennessee) the ability to qualify for in-house practice in the State of Tennessee.
- Transactional training in a large law firm is preferred. In-house experience with complex strategic transactions is also highly desired.
- A minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years of legal practice in sophisticated transactional work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple large-scale projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure, quickly adapt to changing circumstances, manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, and plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Capacity to research legal issues and provide clear and concise written and oral advice to all levels of management.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 26371