About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, Application Developer is responsible for providing initiative and leading the application development team. Ensures application of systems thinking principles allowing team members to independently design, code, test, and deploy applications. Provide the necessary documentation to support the application Development Life Cycle. Develop prototypes and solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology. Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the launch new launch new business capabilities. Lead the resolution of complex problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manage at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skill development, recognitions and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Provide leadership and initiative in a team environment.
- Ensures application of systems thinking principles, allowing team members to independently design, code, test, and deploy applications.
- Provide the necessary documentation to support the application Development Life Cycle. Develop prototypes and solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology.
- Advise in the application of modern architectures, principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the launch of new business capabilities.
- Lead the resolution of complex problems. Escalate issues to Managing Director level as required.
- Communicate effectively, manage conflict amongst team members, and remove impediments.
- Provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Possesses an advanced understanding of the organizations products and services.
- Subject matter expert in a variety of field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish tasks.
- Works under little to no supervision.
- Performs complex tasks/multi-tasks.
- Overall creativity and latitude is expected.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems and/or equivalent training in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong team player.
- Customer service driven.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 26530