About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Cloud Engineer will build and automate highly available, elastic, and secure cloud infrastructure to support the IT needs of our business. Also need to work in a wide variety of areas including security, configuration management, continuous integration, and continuous deployment. Provisioning and de-provisioning the environments. Debugging meaningful technical issues inside a very deep and complex technical stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc. Possesses a strong understanding of the organization’s products and services.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Ensure operations, scaling, maintenance of our private cloud infrastructure.
- Support the organization in maturing the infrastructure into a fully automated and service oriented.
- Encode, test, debug, and document associated scripts/programs.
- Resolve escalated technical matters to meet customer service level agreements.
- Perform root cause analysis/fixes or corrective action of defects for more complex issues.
- Escalate higher level or complex issues to senior levels as required.
- Follow documented Software Development Life-Cycle standards.
- Participate or lead special projects and training, as required.
- This position is full-time and may require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited to weekends and evenings.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 6 years of relevant experience.
- At least four years of experience in any programming languages (preferably Java).
- Must have at least three years of experience using DevOps tools like Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Python, YAML, Shell Scripting, etc.
- Good understanding of Linux OS configuration, Networking and Firewall concepts.
- Experience in configure/maintain testing environments, software release management and support activities.
- Experience working in Agile team-oriented environment.
- Experience in creating, deploying and running Docker containers.
- Good understanding in Terraform/Ansible/Chef, Kubernetes, PCF etc.
- Good understanding of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Good understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards.
- Must be customer service driven.
- Must be a good team player.
- Knowledge in Serverless technologies (Lambda, Google Functions, Azure Functions)
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 26598