About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Supervisor, Maintenance is responsible for providing day to direction to maintenance department teammates, as well as maintaining facility equipment, ensuring proper safety measures are followed, and assisting in meeting facility production and quality goals.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Supervises at least 2 full-time direct reports. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
- Responsible for providing the day to day direction to maintenance department employees.
- Responsible for supervision of the facility safety/training lead.
- Maintaining facility equipment and systems preventative maintenance
- Support maintenance, facilities, and operations teams
- Assisting management in ensuring facility equipment and systems reliability
- Adhering to and enforcing the company safety policies
- Assisting in meeting facility production, quality, and safety goals
- Performing welding, fabrication, and more technical repairs
- Performing safety and maintenance training
- Repairing machinery and maintaining up-to-date preventative maintenance reports on all equipment
- Assist in controlling costs of maintenance, sanitation, and operations supplies
- Assist in ensuring regulatory and company policy compliance
- Recommends measures to improve productivity of maintenance team and equipment performance
- Assures the integrity of the maintenance spare parts and tool inventory
- Track on time and other performance measures as required.
- Provide necessary reports to management.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or related field required and at least 3 years of experience, preferably in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED, and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of battery maintenance, HVAC, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, powered lift equipment, and conveyor automated systems
- Previous safety and maintenance training experience
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot repair needs
- A good working knowledge of 5S
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 20 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 27050