About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The purpose of the Help Desk Manager is to provide value to our customers. They manage a team of support personnel, who troubleshoot IT issues. A Help Desk Manager implements policies/procedures around how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected. They ensure efficient issue resolutions in accordance with Service Level Agreements. The Help Desk Manager evaluates new IS products and/or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better assist end users. A Help Desk Manager is also required to utilize analytical thinking to troubleshoot problems and/or provide guidance around products covered within the Company’s diverse portfolio of hardware, software, and service offerings; to 150+ customers and 10,000+ internal and external end-users.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Respond to customer inquiries/requests for technical support.
- Oversee Service Desk support staff.
- Manages Vendors providing Service Desk / Call Center support
- Implement policies and procedures.
- Ensure issue resolutions in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Evaluate new information system products and services.
- Suggest changes to existing products/services to better assist end users.
- Manage issue tracking and Service Desk related reporting & scheduling.
- Publish break/fix issue/resolution information to knowledge base.
- Meet with Management, as required.
- Participate in special projects, as required.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Span of control is at department level or above.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 27093