About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager of Solutions Design will be responsible for the analysis of incoming RFI’s and RFP’s, the assignment of detailed solution development activity and ongoing day to day management of team activities. The Manager of Solutions Design will work directly with potential new customers in developing strategic business solutions for their supply chain needs. They will work directly with your team to develop financial models for approval by BU senior leadership and ensure that the solution addresses customer pain points, defined needs, is uniquely differentiating, drives lowest landed cost and is competitive within the market.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Sets department direction and insures timely and accurate data flow to senior management as required.
- Enables the team to respond to RFP opportunities which includes, response document and pricing of strategic business solution.
- Support the development of Statement of Work with customer, ensures customer requirements, service levels and integration point are clearly understood and communicated.
- Conducts customer meetings, sets and manages customer expectations by exercising moderately complex risks, issues and change management best practices.
- Ensure satisfactory transfer of custody and control of new business opportunities to the PMO team upon award of new business.
- Confidently makes presentations to mid-size to large audiences at Senior Level positions both internal and external.
- Communicates, explains difficult issues and works to establish consensus.
- Achieve customer satisfaction through successful deployments of new business.
- Ensures that all applicable internal departments are engaged on all opportunities.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Span of control is at department level or above.
- Five (5) plus years of proven management experience, preferably in multi-customer logistics environment.
- Experience leading business development or solutions teams a plus.
- High level of competency with MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio).
- Prior experience in developing solutions and cost models.
- Prior experience in contract and pricing negotiations.
- Prior experience in traditional business consulting a plus.
- Project management experiences a plus.
- Prior experience with warehouse management systems a plus.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 27241