FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Customer Service Manager is a leadership position that has responsibility for employee productivity and successful account operations.The focus is on tactical execution of day to day operations and employee support, coaching and mentoring. This role will have tactical relationships with both internal and external customers as well as vendors. This role also will oversee activities for the account order management and customer service functions. Interface with customer directly regarding operational/customer initiatives and presentations.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Provide an enhanced customer experience through communications and tools (shared drives/ websites etc).
- Customer service functions: Customer complaints, customer shipment inquiry etc.
- Coordinate the Order Management functions in the facility: Ensure operations orders are planned in the most effect manner, ensure all customer expectations are met and coordinated with operations.
- Knowing and evaluating operational productivity goals, monitoring daily and ensuring goals are achieved on all shifts.
- Ensuring/reinforcing The Company employee culture is being fostered in the facility.
- Assuring the attainment of facility production, quality and safety objectives.
- Reviewing and assuring the accuracy of required production and inventory reports.
- Coordinating and conforming with the operational aspects of The Company's Core Excellence Program and audit regularly to ensure full compliance.
- Planning, monitoring and managing actual performance against operational portions of the budget; this includes, but is not limited to, proper management of departmental staffing levels, overtime and overall operational headcount.
- Leading operational initiatives to ensure inventory accuracy goals are met.
You might be a great fit if…
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Span of control must be at a department level or above.
- A degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or other related operations discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Five (5) plus years of management/supervisory experience, preferably in a large, high volume logistics environment
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with The Company customers and employees
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean methodologies and/or Green Belt certification preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous team building experience preferred
- Previous budget planning and P/L exposure a plus
- Expert knowledge level of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.