About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Specialist, Training role will focus on providing specialist consultation and experience to the Engineering and Implementations team. This position will collaborate with subject matter experts and business areas to understand, and provide strategic design solutions for organizational projects with complex scope to identify best practices. The Training Specialist will also facilitate interactive tools, resources and broader communications to educate teammates on leadership and strategic company/enterprise initiatives in their area of expertise. The position will collaborate with cross-functional subject matter experts (SMEs) to provide programmatic solutions and serve as a coach to key stakeholders and a mentor to advise others within their area of expertise.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Delivers broad ranging company solutions that will apply expert methods, align with company objectives as well as ensures adherence to company standards.
- Applies project management concepts (e.g., designs and develops project timeline, etc.) and coordinates with subject matter experts and/or clients to ensure timely and accurate project completion.
- Maintains relationships with subject matter experts and/or company leaders and ensures outcomes are measured, accurate and relevant.
- Assist in developing comprehensive training packages (e.g. training programs, job aides, playbooks, etc.) in order to maintain a motivated and skilled workforce.
- Partners with key stakeholders across geographies, business functions and facilities to create cohesive and repeatable enterprise solutions balancing specialist needs with the common benefits for the organization.
- Ensures consistent and effective training methods for each implementation to accomplish goals within a defined schedule and personnel resources.
- Researches, educates, and applies best practice trends based on needs of the department/company/enterprise.
- Support teammates understanding of Agile methodologies and help facilitate sprint planning, retrospective, and daily activities related to stand-ups and sprint burn down; as well as maintain relevant metrics that help the team see and understand their progress during a sprint.
- Incorporates company business practices into communications and deliverables to illustrate best practices that should be utilized for maximum effectiveness.
- Runs reports to analyze common themes or trends as a means to measure success rates, including reviewing employee feedback surveys and focus group data to identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and business leaders to address needs and link business strategies to overall objectives and outcomes. Develops and maintains relationships with upper management to ensure understanding of company.
- Assist in implementing process improvements to ensure cost saving, time saving, quality improvement, and customer satisfaction. Measure effectiveness and results of instruction, process facilitation or performance improvement interventions.
- Mentors classroom graduates and other department employees providing guidance and direction of various techniques (e.g., Leadership, Quality Driven Management).
- Collaborates with peers and manager on schedule, administration, and logistics within defined timeline and budget.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Training & Development and/or Organizational Design or related field of expertise with 6 years of experience preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a distribution, warehouse or 3PL environment is desired.
- Two (2) years of experience implementing and supporting project management concepts that helps drive strategic solutions desired.
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment for new business desired. Demonstrated ability to work in multiple business operational functions is preferable (e.g. tech, consumer, healthcare, fulfillment or retail).
- Demonstrable expertise across various technical and operational platforms including a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills to all levels of the organization. Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs. Demonstrated ability to measure KPIs and quantify outcomes.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships and to gain input and influence decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to see projects through to successful completion from the idea/concept stage, deadline focused, organized and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Combination of office and on-site work with the ability to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the United States and Canada (additional international travel may also be required)
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 27435