About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The EMR Technician 2 (EMR2) description applies to varied job functions in our facility; all with similar levels of skill required, responsibilities, and expectations. The EMR2 is responsible for tearing down and replacing parts in systems. An EMR2 will trouble shoot, diagnose, and determine the most cost-effective course to repair hardware and software issues for a wide range of Tablets, Notebooks, Desktops, and Servers dependent on which Line of Business the Teammate is assigned to. Key job functions may include EG1 DFS (Warranty & Floater), EG3 Conus (Wipe Down).
- Ability to run production in Burn area to fill in if needed.
- Communicates with operators from other shifts.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Diagnose and determine issues with system that’s needed to be routed to EMR for repair.
- Loads and unloads product in an efficient and safe manner.
- Moves product to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area. May pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Operates any material handling equipment safely and efficiently as required. May use radio frequency equipment or picking, receiving, and storing functions, as required. May drive factory vehicles, forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Ability to Cross train teammates in all currently responsible roles.
- Ensures inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Operates within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Participates in physical inventories.
- Performs labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed.
- Provides on-the-job training to new teammates.
- Training Burn techs to understand more failure types and how to proceed with specific failures. (Route to Staging and back to Burn to reset BOM, Rest unit, route to EMR for hardware failure).
- Responsible for 5S, maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Responsible for dispositioning inventory between recovery grades (retail, wholesale, sort and settle).
- Responsible for proper cosmetic inspection, cleaning of product, and following specific guidelines for label placement and orientation.
- Accurately document repair actions in the appropriate database, software tool, tracking log, etc.
- Determines the most cost-effective course of repair and updates disposition of systems
- May be required to perform minor part removal or replacement on product.
- May be required to load/unload and run units inside of an automated “etching” machine, to apply custom logos on product.
- Performs cosmetic repairs on Notebooks, Desktops, and LFF systems
- Ability to utilize the Dell Password Reset utility to unlock units that have bios password locks.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or GED and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong PC skills (Word and Excel).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple functions, or tasks.
- May be A+ certified.
- Technical ability to trouble shoot, diagnose and repair systems.
- Familiarity with materials handling and radio frequency equipment is beneficial
- Ability to read and comprehend technical work instructions
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 25 pounds.
Work is performed in a general warehouse environment on a concrete surface with adequate lighting. Temperatures can be very hot during the summer months and very cold during the winter months. Workspace can be very dusty and occasionally noisy due to traffic of motorized vehicles operating.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 27543