About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Install and configure Unix, Storage, SAN and virtual environments. Makes recommendations and assists in design of new solutions. Develop, document and implement system standards based on best practices. Maintain and monitor the systems to achieve optimum level of performance. Implement and configure, and maintain technologies related to storage networking and storage provisioning.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Design, configure, monitor and maintain UNIX, ESX, SAN systems to provide optimum performance and system availability.
- Recommend, design, install and configure any of the following: IBM AIX LPAR’s, VIO servers using NIM, mksysb, HMC and physical media, HPUX systems using Ignite servers, RHEL using kickstart, Sun Solaris, ESX servers and virtual environments, storage and SAN solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex system issues to resolution, escalating to next level support as appropriate.
- Gather performance and data usage statistics for capacity planning and reporting.
- Generate and maintain documentation of the UNIX, SAN and Storage environments.
- Patch and maintain UNIX, Storage and SAN systems at supported levels.
- Design, implement and maintain system security across Unix platforms.
- Create and implement shell scripts for automation, system monitoring and alerting.
- Design, configure and maintain print queues. Troubleshoot printing issues to resolution.
- Design and maintain operating system backup solutions for system recovery and disaster recovery.
- Mentor and train junior and mid-level administrators.
- This position is full-time and may require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited weekends and evenings.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in related field preferred and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 27903