About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental and much more!
The Maintenance Technician III is responsible for maintaining electrical and mechanical systems. The Distribution Centre is two buildings totaling 1.6million square feet of operating space. The Distribution Center is equipped with high-speed automated conveyor systems. Responsibilities includes regular building preventive maintenance and repair. This position is responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs to conveyor system.
- Complete and maintain all documentation related to the Maintenance CMMS and PM program.
- Set up and maintain machinery to comply with current safety standards.
- Complete all preventive and predictive maintenance to conveyor system and base building as directed.
- Knowledge of conveyor systems, carton-sorting systems, mobile equipment used in distribution centers. Understand various testing procedures to diagnose and implement repairs.
- Troubleshoot equipment components using schematics, panel layouts and manufacturer specification manuals to effect repairs.
- Effect repairs to the installed base of pallet rack, pick modules, dock components and materials handling equipment as required.
- Assist in receiving incoming shipments of needed inventory and replacement parts.
- Participate as necessary in response to trouble calls.
- Assist in planning, setting priorities and developing the daily work schedule as directed.
- Assist in development of department talent.
- Communicate at a high level to peers and other department employees.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager
You might be a great fit if….
- High School diploma or equivalent required and 4+ years of experience performing mechanical maintenance duties in a manufacturing/packaging environment, or equivalent combination of vocational education and experience.
- Electrician, Alberta Journeyman Tradesperson, Interprovincial Red Seal, Registered Apprentice Tradesperson required
- Knowledge of Conveyor Systems, carton sorting systems and mobile equipment used in distribution Centers
- Demonstrated mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose repair needs
- Must have exceptional problem solving and maintenance skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Repetitive use of hands for simple and firm grasping.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 25 pounds.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.