About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Senior, IT Data Analyst designs and implements processes and solutions associated with a wide variety of data sets used for data/text mining, and analysis to enable informed business decisions. Gains insight into key business problems and deliverables by applying statistical analysis techniques to examine structured and unstructured data from multiple disparate sources. With moderate direction, creates solutions from initial concept to production. Communicates results to a broad range of audiences. Effectively uses current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Identifies what data is available, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes (e.g., collaborating with customers to create new information via a survey).
- Works with internal and external subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information.
- Explores diverse data sets from a variety of different sources to gather, synthesize and analyze relevant data and draw conclusions that can be used to identify relevant issues, business concerns, and trends.
- Formulates hypotheses about relationships and underlying models and carry out experiments with the data to test hypotheses and models.
- Explores data to discover or refine hypotheses, discovers new relationships, insights and analytic paths from the data.
- Develops experimental design approaches to validate finding(s) or test hypotheses.
- Identifies/creates the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns.
- Gathers relevant information, identifies relationships, deduces from cause to effect, and draws logical conclusions.
- Finds patterns in the data and finding correlation in related or unrelated variables.
- Works in iterative processes with the customer/business partner and validates findings.
- Develops innovative and effective approaches to solve analytical problems and communicates results and methodologies.
- Develop metrics that can be used to drive business decisions.
- Provides analytics expertise in order to solve in depth and technical problems.
- Applies intermediate/advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Finance or related field preferred and 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in measurement and analysis, quantitative business problem solving, operations analysis, marketing analysis, simulation development and/or predictive analytics.
- Proficient in analytics software and applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 27945